Sunday, October 26, 2008

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update and say "thanks" for all the comments and prayers that have been sent our way. I don't know why I always think I'll be prepared for something I've done before, because it's never the same twice. I know God keeps it that way to keep us leaning on Him and that's exactly where I am.

The last three days have been so emotionally and physically draining, but I can truly say I've felt His strength and grace to walk it out even through all the pain and tears. Emma has had a much better day today. I woke up heavy with the thoughts of what the day might bring and asked my Father for some kind of reprieve just so we could rest. He's always faithful. I knew we all needed out of the house. We had given Emma her bicycle yesterday which she rode for almost two hours, but it was just too cold and windy for that today, so we headed to the ranch. I took her to the barn with the horse and she enjoyed petting him. She was able to run and play inside and visit the bottle fed baby calves. It helped so much.

Even as we've had to watch Emma grieve so deeply, we've seen such breakthrough after each meltdown. I always tell her I love her and how sorry I am, but that all will be okay. It's been some of the only times that I feel she's really recieved my love. I know God is knitting our hearts together as we walk side by side in this. Each day I ask for ways to reach her and each day something is given to me...it might be finding the batteries for her phone that noone else can find or fixing her dolls hair, but each one brings us closer together.

A friend of mine said it so well when she said as we win Emma's love and affection it will be a treasure worth more than gold and that's exactly how I feel about her...she's worth more than anything this world could offer me. I really want to post pictures of her at home, but we've had so little rest that by the time I can download some I'm too tired. Last night was better and I'm praying tonight we'll all get the rest we need so that pictures will be soon to follow!

3 comments:

Mom2Three said...

It will get better!!!
I am so glad she has you for a mama to help her through this time, though.
Much love from Oregon,
Cynthia
Waiting for Jin Pei...
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Jeff, Kristy, Hannah, Emma and Rebekah Kirkpatrick said...

Leigh,
Jeff, I and the girls are praying for you all. I can only imagine what you are going through. The culture shock and grieving we went through coming here gives me some idea as to what Emma is going through. You will all get through this and be a whitness for our Father.
I can not think of a better family for Emma to have than all of you and we are praying for you.
We love you.
The Kirkpatricks

Crawford said...

Leigh, Emma is such an amazing little gal. She is so blessed to have your whole family to help her through this transition. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet you all and share a part of our journey with you. Please keep in touch as I will always wonder about Emma and want to share her life with our little Ella.
Jerrilea